Friday, December 31, 2010

Summer Camp


My friend Josh came to me with an idea he had.  He is running a week long church summer camp this year.  He wants me to come with him and help show the kids how to fish.  I have been excited about all the things we could do since the night he told me about it.  I love how God is allowing me to use fishing as an outlet for him.
I am excited to take some of my blogs I have posted and expand them to explain fishing and God to the young men that will be at camp.  I have been blessed with this opportunity and can’t wait to put it into practice.
Fishing can be such a great hobby and for those like me it can help us come closer to God.  I hope that if one young man comes closer to God and finds enjoyment and peace in it I will have done something worthy of God.
Not only do I have this chance to share God and fishing with these young men but my blogs are being used on the Fishing for Charities website under a section called “Chris4Christ”.  I hope that I will be able to help touch the life of those who go to the website and those that don’t have a personal relationship with God find one.
It amazes me that God can use a screw up like me.  I lived my life for a long time without the love of Christ in it, but I am honored and blessed that God has used me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment