Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Blessings


I have been so blessed and it amazes me how little things can mean so much.  I have a twitter account that I started when I got my Droid a little over a year ago.  At the time I didn’t know why I started it, everyone was talking about twitter so I signed up (Don’t normally follow the crowd).  Once fishing for me turned from a big hobby to what it is now about 4 or 5 months ago I only used Twitter a few times.
Now that I have sponsors I am on Twitter a whole lot more.  I have something like 217 people following my tweets which is crazy maybe not as crazy as over 1500 friends on Facebook (my wife thinks 1500 is excessive).  I help Kyle a guy I meet thru Twitter get a rod sponsor.  When Kyle got this rod sponsor he decided to sell the rods that were not from his new sponsor.  He posted that he wanted to sell his Skeet Reese spinner bait rod for 25 bucks.  I love the Skeet Reese line of rods (even though I take a lot of flak for it).  So I jumped on the rod for 25 bucks beats 99 and on top of it the spinner bait rod was the next on my wish list for a new rod.
After emailing each other back and forth Kyle told me he would give me the rod all I had to do was pay the shipping.  I don’t know if something like that was God’s doing, to be honest I have a hard time believing that the God of creation cares that much about me getting a new fishing rod for cheap.  But the Bible tells us in Luke 12:6-7 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”  I often wonder how much this means God cares for us.  Not only have I been blessed with a new rod but so much more in the last few months.  I thank the Lord for all I have not only in my fishing career but also in all that I am.  Remember God loves you and cares for you more then we can ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment