Saturday, January 1, 2011

Skeeter Bass Boats


I was reading a fishing magazine today and I ran across a Skeeter boat advertisement.  After I imagined what it would be like to fish from the boat and ride down the lake in it I read this “Skeeter Performance Means You Have It All”.

Well, maybe you have it all in the boat world.  However owning a Skeeter bass boat does not mean you have it all.  Having that boat does not mean you have a ticket into heaven.  It doesn’t mean that you have a personal relationship with the Lord.

Yes, you might get to go 70 plus down the water in the boat but sadly that’s all you have.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating on Skeeter boats the new Skeeter FX is awesome and I wish I owned one.  But we are bombarded with ads that tell us we will have it all or everything we could want if we buy something and yet it’s not true.  When we die we don’t get to take it with us. 

I read this from Carolyn Campbell and I thought it summed up what I was saying: “Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment