Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fishing Show


This weekend is one of my favorite times during winter.  It is the Ultimate Fishing Show in Detroit.  I love it.  New boats to look at and drool over and tons of tackle to look at.  Friends from Facebook I will get to see as well.  

The best part about this year is me and my son will be going Friday.  His birthday is this week so his present is going to the fishing show.  We are going from open to close and he gets to miss school Friday.  I can’t wait to spend the day with my son.  He is as much a bass fishing fanatic as I am.  He knows more about lures than most 12 year olds.

When I asked him what he wanted for Christmas this year he told me the model Strike King Crankbait he wanted.  Some people I know who enjoy fishing can’t even do that.  However my son knows enough about fishing that he can.

I often wonder if other things I have tried to teach him have rubbed of like the fishing have.  I worry that just because he is raised in a Christian home he may turn his back on the Lord when he gets the chance.  I know every day I send him out into the world and he sees the bad out there.  I can only reinforce the importance of a relationship with Christ when he is with me.  I can only show him by my actions what being a Christian is all about.

At times I wish I could make the decision to follow the Lord for him.  Yet I cannot, all I can do is be a good example for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment