Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Anglers Robbed


The Southern Open happens this weekend and with the guys down there practicing for the tournament 8 woke up yesterday to a bad sight.  8 Anglers where robbed things like rods, tackle electronics and even some power poles were stolen.  

I love the fishing community because when things like this happen we come together and help each other out.  Sponsors and service crews where there to help the anglers get back to fishing.  Power Team Lures even offered the 8 anglers a $200.00 certificate so they could replace some tackle.
The thought of someone stealing a man’s livelihood bugs me.  When I was a plumber I use to say if someone is going to rob me they can take anything except my tools.  I could always make more money to replace the things I lost but without my tools I would not be able to.

All I could think about well reading on Facebook that guys were robbed was what would I do in that situation.  Matthew 6:14-15 says “For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”

This can seem like a hard thing to do in the mist of losing all of your gear.  I truly believe God wants us to forgive those that harm us.  In my mind these anglers where harmed where it hurts the most.  I’m glad we have a God that loves us and forgives us, and I believe that his forgiveness means we can forgive others even those that steal our livelihood.

No comments:

Post a Comment