Thursday, January 6, 2011

Geting in Shape


I started another round of P90X today.  I want to be in shape for fishing this year.  It takes a lot for me to be motivated to work out.  I know what I want, which is to be in shape, but the motivation is not always there.
Lucky for me I have someone to workout with.  Ron, one of my professors at school, is my work out partner. He helps motivate me because I never want to tell him I don’t want to work out today because I am being lazy.  He helps hold me accountable.

I fish a lot of team tournaments and the same is true for our partners in the tournaments.  If the pattern we are running isn’t working our partners are there to help us change gears and look for something else. They keep us motivated.

The same is true for are Christian walk.  We need those people in our lives that will help keep us on track.  My friend Josh and I are keeping each other accountable.  We started a Bible study and contact each other each week to make sure we are keeping up with our reading.

If you do not have a person in your life that can keep you accountable about your walk with the Lord I hope that you will find someone.  The blessing and joy that can come from sharing what you have found interesting in your daily Bible reading and what your partner has found can be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment