Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mr. Bob


It hit me today, I spend a lot of time looking at fishing blogs, fishing articles, bass magazines, new products, new boats, what the pros are doing and in the end it doesn’t matter.  My wife, her son, Justin and my In-laws lost a very close friend (Mr. Bob) yesterday.  He was a sweet old guy who loved to fish.  I only got to meet him a few times.  Every time I walked into his house, I was jealous of all the fishing stuff he had.

The truth is, in the end it doesn’t matter how many rods and reels I have or how much tackle I have or even what kind of boat I have.  All that matters is my relationship with the Lord.  

Losing someone we love is hard, last year at about this time I lost my Uncle.  I did his funeral that was held in MI (He lived in Florida and one was held down there to), it was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life.  I know that my uncle is in heaven and someday I will see him again.

As for Mr. Bob, I don’t know if he had a relationship with the Lord.  Like I said I only got to see him a few times and I never got close enough to him to know what his relationship to the Lord was.  He had a group of people around him that were and I can only hope that he saw the love of Jesus through them.

Just remember this life is only a moment the real joy is yet to come.  If we have a personal relationship with the Lord we will get to spend eternity with Him in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment