Thursday, November 4, 2010

When Stress gets ya down

We have all had days when it seems like nothing goes right, whether it is while we
are fishing or in personal lives. It seems like when it comes to fishing it easier to deal with the “bad” days. We can put our head down and keep fishing; fighting through all the bad things that have happened and if we are lucky things tend to start looking up because we catch fish.

When it is our personal lives, keeping out head down doesn’t always work. Remember the old saying “when life gives you lemons make lemonade” does it really work that way? For me I would have to say no. For me when things in my personal life are bad it seems like the other old saying “when it rains it pours” is more what it feels like. I have been dealing with a lot of personal issues lately and it seems like they just keep piling on. So what are we to do? I try the approach I use in fishing and I put my head down and keep pushing through, but most of the time it doesn’t work.

Deuteronomy 31:8 tells us “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” I read this today and thought about what I’m going through. Is there really anything that I could be going through that God can’t handle? The answer is no, God is bigger than the problems I have. The truth is, if we go to God in prayer with our problems he’s there to help and comfort us. Now does that mean the next time you are having a rough day on the water that God is going to put a 10 pounder in your boat if you go to him with it? Most likely not but it’s a nice thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment