Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sponsorship

It seems that anybody that fishes bass tournaments wants a sponsor (s). I have spent my fair share of time thinking that way too. It wasn’t until recently that I realized it’s not what the sponsor can do for me but what can I do for my sponsor. I think we tend to get greedy when it comes to sponsors. We want more and more.

I have spent some time recently helping some anglers who want sponsors. What keeps coming back to me is that idea of what can I do for them. One of my goals is to help other anglers; I want to be a fishing coach. I want to help other anglers see how to reach their goals of getting sponsorships but keeping in mind that it is not all about them.

As I was writing this I was thinking, what if Jesus had only thought about himself. What if he had decided, you know what this is about me and what is best for me, I’m not going to die on the cross? Where would we be? But instead Christ thought about us, and what he could do for us. We as anglers need to have the same mentality and not worry about what that sponsor will do for you but what we will do for the sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment