Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving


With today being Thanksgiving I thought I would talk about things I am thankful for.  I have an incredible wife that I married after only knowing her for two months because I felt God leading me too.  I am blessed to have a wife that at times doesn’t understand my fishing and the things I am doing but stands beside me and supports me.  Plus she reads and edits most of my writings so you don’t read all the typos that spell check misses.  I could not write this blog or my magazine articles without her, so next time you see her tell her thank you.  

If a year ago you would have told me I would be doing the things I am today I would have told you that you were crazy.  In about four months I have gone from no sponsors to seven.  BB-Lures, JJ’s Magic, GLCC, Centermark Coaching, Atomic Tackle Company, Bass Fury, Fish Bait Radio.  I have articles being published in magazines.  I have been contacted from companies like Lazer Trokar to do product reviews.  I have been able to interview Shaw Grigsby.  I am so thankful for the opportunities God has given me and allowed me to do.

One of the things I am grateful for is my boat.  As I write this I realize my wife is going to chuckle when she reads this.  I am always looking at new bass boats and dreaming of a new one.  However I am thankful for my 1979 Ranger.  I am thankful because I can go and fish, I can fish bass tournaments.  At least I have a bass boat.  I am lucky.  

Most of all I am thankful for my relationship with the Lord.  I have lived my life without him, and I know that I never want to go back to that life.  I am blessed to have a savior that loves me and sent his son to die for my sins.  The best part is that everyone can have that relationship with the Lord.  This Thanksgiving I hope we all stop and think about the things we are thankful for.  Have a great Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment