Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hooks & Light

I had the distinct pleasure of having Eagle Claw hooks call me and ask if I would product test the Trokar hooks, and write a review for them. How could I pass up the opportunity? I couldn’t it was a great opportunity to see these 10 dollar hooks in action.

When the hooks showed up I opened the package like a kid ripping open a package Christmas morning. The first thing I noticed was the point on the hook was so sharp, it looked different from other hooks. When I thru one in my hook box with all my other 5 aught hooks it stood out from the crowd of other hooks. You could tell which hook was the Trokar hook and which ones where not.

It made me think, we as Christians need to be like the Trokar hook in my hooks box. We need to stand out from the crowd around us. We as Christians are called to be a light in the darkness. In Matthew 5:13-16 Jesus says:
“13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”

Jesus had just finished talking to the crowds and giving “Sermon on the Mount” where he goes over what have become known as the B Attitudes. Jesus called Christians to stand out to show what makes us different from the world. We as Christians need to live a life that is light for him. I think about fisherman and what this may look like. What if Christian bass fisherman came together and prayed for safety before every tournament where it be a big one or a local club tournament? What would that do? Would other fisherman ask what we are doing? Would we be showing Christ? Think about it. I would be interesting to hearing what you have to say so leave a comment and I will read it and reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment