Monday, October 25, 2010

The value of a coach

I met with my coach Mike Harrison from CenterMark Coaching today and he talked to me about the importance of clarifying your desire and creating the discipline to achieve your dreams.

It is so very important to clarify your desires (ie. what you want to have, what you want to do and what you want to become.)  I know that I want to be a connector for people who desire to discover the best about God's nature and have a great time while fishing.

Mike said it is important to write your desires down...so here it goes:
I desire God to be big in my life
I desire to be a great husband to my wife
I desire to be a great father to my kids

In my business, I desire to help people discover God's best
In my business, I desire to help people do more "catching" than "fishing"
In my business, I desire to make a big difference for others

Finally--creating the discipline.  Mike told me that discipline is always created through empowering relationships.  "Show me someone who says they don't have discipline, and I'll show you someone who is trying to accomplish something all by themselves," Mike said.

So, I want to continue to connect with those who empower me and I want to empower them.  If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know.  I care.

The value of a coach brings clarity and creating.  You need to have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment