Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What It would be like

I was thinking today about what life on the road as a pro fisherman would be like.  I wonder could I handle all that time away from my family?  Think about it, most pros fish BASS PAA and maybe even FLW events or FLW and some BASS events.  It has to be tough on the family. 
                My wife has been gone for a little over a week and will have been gone two total when she finally comes back.  In two weeks I have realized how much she does around the house and with the kids.  I’m not sure I could handle being gone weeks or months at a time.  Yes I love fishing, I love the thrill of being on the water and setting the hook not knowing what you have until it gets to the boat.  I also love being with my family.
                If God has something big for me in fishing like being a pro I know that I will be able to handle the time away.  I know that with God I can accomplish anything. 

1 comment:

  1. Recently one of my coaches explained to me that we have a different level of tolerance depending on whether we are following Christ's calling for our life or not. So with that knowledge, things that would be unbearable (being away from family) are bearable because we are promoting God's glory and honor. With Him and for Him we can endure anything...love ya!

    ReplyDelete