Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Helping Out

I have been getting a lot of free tackle as of late, which I am not complaining about in anyway.  At times I have more stuff than I think I can ever use.  So the other day I was on Facebook when I saw a friend needed some stuff for a tournament he was running.  I knew I had a ton of stuff I could send.  So I sent him a message and off it went.
I was thinking about being a Christian, we are called to help others.  I started thinking about Hebrews 13:16 which says “Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.”
I had more tackle then I needed and I could help out my friend Allen.  So without thinking I told him I would.  I have done this other times and gotten thing in return but every time I offer to help with tackle I never expect anything on return.  I simply do it because I can and I want to help those who need.
I have seen this a lot in the fishing community as of late.  With big storms hit the south it has been cool to see the fishing community come together and help those whose lives have been thrown into upheaval because of tornados.  I think that’s part of why I like being an angler because I see Christian values in the sport I love.
The next time you see someone in need just remember we are called to “share” or help those in need.  Let’s continue to pray for the south in the after math of the disasters that have occurred in the last few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment