Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Belive It or Not

Yesterday I shared with you about Josh and I fishing on Saturday and how we experienced something that shocked me when the power company turned on the cooling tower.  That was only part of the story, and now I am going to share the rest of it.
As I was putting the boat on the trailer the motor stopped working….well I say motor only because it wouldn’t turn over.  However I think it is an electrical issue in the ignition and not the motor itself.  I feel like I should be upset yet I’m not.  We got the boat on the trailer I’m in the process of fixing it and I’m not upset.
This is a new experience for me, last year it seemed like I was fixing something on my boat every week just to keep it running, and every time it broke down I would get upset.  Yet Saturday I was frustrated but it didn’t fly off the handle or go off.  I got the boat on the trailer got it home and began trying to figure out what was wrong with it.
I was telling Josh yesterday that we were blessed, if the part that died had died 10 minutes before we would have been stranded on the river.  I can’t tell you it was God, I would like to think it was.  It’s not the first time something like this has happened either.  I had a truck with starter problems once and I was 40 miles from home I really had to bang on the starter to get it to work, but I finally got the truck started and made it home.  That starter never worked again but when it died It was parked safely in front of my home where all my tools where and I could work on the truck.
I wish I had some great Bible verse to stick in here but the truth is I don’t.  I can only have faith and believe that God had something to do with it.  That’s the great thing about faith you don’t need a reason (well I don’t) I believe that God was looking out for me and Josh that day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment