Thursday, May 19, 2011

Time to Change

I came to a realization the other day well watching the B.A.S.S. Elite event on ESPN.  They showed a tracker of where the top 4 anglers fished on the lake.  Between the 4 of them they covered almost the entire lake.
So here’s what I realized I tend to stand still when fishing.  I can pull up on a spot I think holds fish or I know has fish on it and sit and try and milk it or fish it until I catch a fish.  This tends to be my problem I hate change.  So I can sit on a spot for 4 hours and never catch a fish, because I think they are there.  I also identified another problem I have.  I don’t change baits very often either.  I have mentioned once or twice how much I love fishing crankbaits.  So if I am fishing a crankbait and I’m not getting bit I don’t change color or one that has no rattles or rattles.  I tend to get rods out and use what’s on them or change baits before getting on the water and sticking with them even when they don’t produce.
I have begun to realize this is a problem with my fishing.  I need to be able and willing to change with the situations I am faced with each time on the water.  Looking back in my life I see that change has always been a hard thing for me to deal with.  My mom will tell you that when I was a kid she would have to send me away from the house for the day so she could change the living room around cause if she did it when I was home I would freak out.
The more I thought about it Romans 12:2 came to mind:
"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let
God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.
Then you will learn to know
God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."
When I became a Christian I allowed God to change me.  Now I need to make changes in my fishing.  I could only have left the way I use to live with God’s help.  Now I am faced with another change one that has no bearing on the life I live.
Yet as I write this blog all I can think is maybe if I pray about it God will help me to change this attitude I have well fishing.  It’s worth a shot right?  Don’t be like me and have a hard time changing instead 

No comments:

Post a Comment