Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rattle or no Rattle are we listening

I was reading an article about baits with rattles, and those without.  It talked about what it would be like to stop and listen; we still hear things even in the quiet.  Bass are no different because sound travels farther and better under water.
The article went on to talk about baits being made without rattles and the fact that companies are still rolling out new baits filled with rattles.  I thought it was funny at the end of the article was an ad for the Strike King 6XD silent crankbaits.
The article made me stop and think about God.  How often do we really just stop and listen to him.  I know I don’t always stop and listen like I should.  I do more of it well I am on the water fishing.  For me standing on the boat making cast I listen more for God.  I don’t know if it because I am in nature and I feel closer to God.
We need to take the time to stop and listen to God all the time.  I have been working on this in my own life.  If we spend time with God in prayer we will hear him.  Unlike fish we don’t have to worry about if we should use rattles or not.  God is always ready to listen to us.  We simple need to stop and talk to him.  No rattles required.

No comments:

Post a Comment