Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Motor

Last winter, well I guess it was winter it was early December when I put my boat up for the winter.  It stayed warm long enough I kept the boat out longer and fished into December.  Anyway the last few times I was out the motor was acting funny.  So I talked to a few guys got some ideas and ended up having a plan to get it looked at and fixed.
It’s funny how you can have a plan and then it back fires on you.  My best friend Josh had hooked me up with his brother to fix my boat.  The plan was set, and then it changed a month ago.  To be honest I was not mad or even upset.  Josh’s brother Charlie had to go out of town for work and so things didn’t work out.
I was stressed needless to say because a week from tomorrow I am leaving for Smith Mountain Lake to fish in the Fishing for Charities tournament.  I have to say God is good.  I was stressed and God took care of me.  After doing some work on the motor myself (I should mention I was on a strict budget that did not allow me to take it to a shop and have it worked on) I put it on the water today. 
I had a hard time sleeping last night I was worried my motor wouldn’t start or it would run worse than it did last winter.  Josh was with me this morning and we were both shocked when the motor ran better than it has in a long time.
It’s funny when we spend time worrying we waste time.  That’s what I did about my motor I lost sleep because I was worried about my motor.  Matthew 6:31-34 says: “Therefore don’t be anxious, saying, ‘What will we eat?’, ‘What will we drink?’ or, ‘With what will we be clothed?’  For the Gentiles seek after all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  But seek first God’s Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore don’t be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Each day’s own evil is sufficient."
God knows what’s best for us, he wants what’s best for us.  I don’t know what Gods plan was for my motor working, but instead of spending time worrying last night I could have spent time in prayer or reading the Bible.  Don’t let worry take you over instead give it over to God. 

1 comment: