Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lurking Bass

I set out today to test some products and I only had a little bit of time and we had storms rolling in and out all day long, so I hit a small pond to do some work.  As I walk up I see 10 to 15 bass lurking around gills on the bed.
As I stood and watch I was reminded of 1 Peter 5:8 which says “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”  I was reminded of this because of what the bass would do.
They would just sit there looking at the gills swimming around.  They would just sit there waiting for the perfect time to go in and get a meal.  The gills had to know they were there and what they wanted.  I know that the Devil is prowling around looking for the perfect opportunity to go in and make a mess of my life.
We as Christians need to be careful and not get separated from God.  When the small gill fry would venture just far enough from the safety of the large group of them the bass would gobble it up.  The same is true for us.  When we stray from God the devil gobbles us up.
Keep that in mind the next time you start to stray away from the Lord.  Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment