Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Prayer and Alton Jones

Yesterday I had the pleasure of talking to Elite Series Angler Alton Jones, about an article I am working on for Bass Angler Magazine.  After completing the questions I had for him about live well care of fish he allowed me to ask him some other questions.
Knowing that Alton is a Christian I asked him if that shaped is fishing.  The answer I got was what I expected.  What surprised me was an answer I got about what advice would you give someone wanting to make it as a pro.
Alton said we need to pray about it and make sure it is what God is leading you to.  I don’t that this surprised me but it caught me off guard.  I agree with everything he said.  It seems like Christians seem to only go to God with big problems.  Now I am not saying all Christians are this way but I have seen it far too often where people only pray to God when its convenient for them or when they have a big problem and when they deal with the issue they put God back on his shelf and go about living there lives.
We get to communicate with the creator of the universe, he cares about us.  Matthew 10:30 tells us “And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.”  God knows the number of hairs on each of our heads.  He loves us that much.  Philippians 4:6-7 tells us “"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"
God wants us to come to him in prayer.  So I want to leave you with the advice Alton Jones gave all of us anglers.  If you want to be a pro pray about it and make sure that is the path God would have for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment