Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Praying for Fishing for Charities

I once wrote about what it would be like if every bass fishing tournament started with prayer.  I had the distinct pleasure of starting the Fishing for Charities event on Smith Mountain Lake with prayer.  It was a great experience.  Not only was it Easter weekend but it was for a tournament trail I believe in.
I think Fishing for Charities is doing great things.  Here is a group that is trying to give back.  I was nervous standing on a dock praying into a mega phone in front of those I was going to fish against. 
I am so grateful that Dwayne from Fishing for Charities asked me to write a Faith based blog for the Fishing for Charities website and was honored when he asked me to pray before takeoff that morning.
Little things like that remind me just how much God has blessed me and allowed me to show him thru fishing and writing.  I hope that Dwayne will continue to start each event off with prayer in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment