Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Culling fish

I was on Facebook the other day and I saw a post from Alton Jones “A verse for everybody today . . . Proverbs 16:11 "Honest scales and balances are from the Lord, all the weights in the bag are of His making."
                It made me stop and think about the anticipation of weighting in fish after a tournament.  I know some guys weigh there fish before weigh-in and know what they have.  Some do this so they can cull fish better.  To be honest I don’t do this, mainly because I have never been in a situation where I needed to cull fish during a tournament.
When I would weigh in fish there was always that anticipation of what will they weigh, will it be enough to win.  The best thing about God is we know before we die what will happen.  There's not that anticipation of will I make it into the Kingdom of God or not.  We don’t have to worry about the scales saying we had enough good deeds over bad.
We know that if we had a personal relationship with the Lord we will be brought into the Kingdom of God.  It’s a freeing feeling to know we don’t have to cull or bad and good deeds in life.  We can live a life that shows Christ to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment