Thursday, September 15, 2011

What Am ITo Learn From All of This?

Well once again I am dealing with motor troubles.  This time though things look bad.  The trim unit I have is fried and the motor won’t go in reverse and on top of it, when you put the warm lever up it make the boat go in forward gear.
I am really upset.  Fishing around here is about to pick up.  Last fall I racked up the bass and found some great spots for fall and even early winter.  I was able to fish until December.  Now I am looking at no boat until next spring.  I have to say this upsets me.
I have been sitting here trying to figure out what I am supposed to learn from all of this and I have nothing.  The only bright spot is that a month ago I was able to take kids fishing at camp in my boat.  There was one minor problem that week but nothing a quick trip to the local Auto Zone could not fix.
I was able to see some kids catch their first bass; I was even able to see one of the consolers catch his first pike.  I am blessed that I had a boat and was able to do that with the kids I was able to take on the boat.
So as I write this I realize it could be worse, I could have had these issues a month ago and not had the boat working.  With that said it still stinks that now I am without a working motor.  It’s funny I got on craigslist to day and there are a lot of bass boats for sale cheap.  If I only had the money to get a newer bass boat, but that's not God's plan for me right now.
I am said before I always look for what God is trying to teach me in these situations because I have had a lot of boat issues this year.  I guess I am making up for the problem free year I had last year.  I still have not been able to see what God has planned for me or what I am supposed to learn.
I have spent some time looking over the Bible looking for some verse that would give me some sort of hope.  To be honest I don’t have a verse that did.  I have often wondered if I put fishing before God.  Maybe this is his answer to me that I do.  Maybe I am supposed to realize I have put fishing first I don’t really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment